Question Water leak testing with air

Feb 24, 2022
I’m building my first system and I decided to go with soft water cooling. I got an air leak tester and after about 8-9 hours my pressure went down .1 bar. (Went from 10 psi to 9psi after 8-9 hours using a Corsair leak tester) I am not sure if there is a leak or am I overdoing the amount of time I’m leak testing my loop with air

Lutfij

Titan
The way we used to leak test was to use a lot of paper towels placed strategically under your fittings or ports. If the fluid leaked from any fitting, it'd pop up immediately. If you're using soft tubes for your watercooling loop, make sure your fittings are finger tight and not needing a wrench to take them apart. To ask additionally, are you using compression fittings or barbs and clamps?

A picture of your build might helps us two fold.

Feb 24, 2022
I only used my hands to tighten the fittings but put a lot of force and two handed some of the fittings. Not sure if over tightening the fittings can cause any issues

Lutfij

Titan
Corsair compression fittings are actually rebranded Bitspower fittings. Some of the most expensive ones out there but the o-rings on Bitspower fittings tend to be brittle...if you've got fingers with Gorilla strength(no offence).

Nice looking watercooling build ;)

Feb 24, 2022
I only really gorilla strrenghthened the compresson portion and not the oring portion. I’ll try puttin in some water and see if anything leaks I guess