[SOLVED] Water like motor oil

Mar 20, 2018
My cousins car has been acting up.she took it to get an oil change an then like 6 days later they needed to fix a part on there so back there we went an they said the checked the oil an it was low an she was going to need yet ANOTHER oil change just after 6 days of one .. But today the car had a really bad smell coming from under the hood. So we checked it an it was such an bad smell .like eggs that been rotten for many of years lol but when we checked the motor oil dipstick is very low but looks like water dripping off it not oil.looks as if someone put water in there a put die in for color. And the oil even smells too and as it dryed got sticky.an there is a loud knocking sound coming from motor as well.

And i was told that her husband got what he thought was coolant but it was windshield washing fluid. He put almost a hole thing in there. Could that mess up the motor? Because the fluid they got was Blue an the coolant is green they need. And the car has been slipping and jerking really bad.

Solution
well, what kind of car?
If could be as simple as bad valve guides. This would allow oil into the cylinder, thus the missing oil. the knocking sound could be caused by blow by I guess. that's where I would start. But it could be anything. The fact that you are losing oil but it has no water makes me think it's not a head gasket.

newer cars require thinner oil, like 5w30 or 0w30 so if it was warm, it may appear to be really thin. burning oil can mess with your cat, and may cause the rotten eggs smell, but so can transmission fluid. Check to make sure your transmission fluid is still red and at the proper levels.

the washing fluid in the coolant won't hurt the car, but I would still do a radiator flush.

and of course...

mymutter

Honorable
Dec 23, 2014
well, what kind of car?
If could be as simple as bad valve guides. This would allow oil into the cylinder, thus the missing oil. the knocking sound could be caused by blow by I guess. that's where I would start. But it could be anything. The fact that you are losing oil but it has no water makes me think it's not a head gasket.

newer cars require thinner oil, like 5w30 or 0w30 so if it was warm, it may appear to be really thin. burning oil can mess with your cat, and may cause the rotten eggs smell, but so can transmission fluid. Check to make sure your transmission fluid is still red and at the proper levels.

the washing fluid in the coolant won't hurt the car, but I would still do a radiator flush.

and of course, without seeing the car, these are only suggestions.

Solution