[SOLVED] Watercooled Gpu temps

tylon09

Honorable
Oct 16, 2015
Hello everyone

About 2 weeks ago I finally finished my first custom water cooling build. Upon doing all the regular testing for leaks/air bleeding for the system I began to notice some high temps on my GPU. I checked the system for air bubbles couldn't see any in the Tubes or either the GPU OR CPU block. CPU temps are normal 30c Idle 46c-51c Load

GPU on load....https://imgur.com/a/6KHV7eN

GPU on Idle... https://imgur.com/a/UDGsvrc

System ... https://imgur.com/a/uZsUaJk

Also Over a week or to I noticed that the liquid in the reservoir started to go down very slowly. While doing some research on the net a few people Said that this is normal and overtime it will stop. If it continues there is either a small leak or air is getting out. I searched for leaks for the past 3 days Couldn't find any sign of leaks. However my main concern is that Iv'e seen a few forums on other peoples issues saying that the GPU block could not be sitting on the GPU properly but wouldn't idle temps be high as well??

At the moment Not really sure on what to do I did contact EK before hand and they did say for me to do Another thing that could add the temps to your loop is the air in the loop. If you haven't properly air bleed the loop, then you should do that by setting the pump on 100% for a couple of minutes and while it works that way, you can tilt the PC case in various angles so the air moves towards the pump to get eliminated.

Pc specs..

I7 8700k Stock
Asus maximus x formula
Evga gtx 1080ti ftw3
Pc case Phanteks evolv x

The water cooling kit is the EK-KIT P360

Cheers

Solution
are you OC ing? the card might just be turboing up extremely high it is not at a high temp now. i just checked that is over 200mhz over the boost clock of the 1080. the final option is the die totally covered in thermal paste? for some reason as legend has it to MUCH thermal paste is actually a good thing on GPUs. honestly. also did u wait for the thermal paste to cure? some can take 10 days or more. i dont honestly see a problem the temps are actually not to bad tho admitedly not water cooling level
May 20, 2013
The loop seems fine and it's normal to see the water level go down a bit at the beginning while the air bubble make their way out. I'm willing to bet that the temp are caused by the GPU block installation/thermal paste application.

Sep 5, 2018
are you OC ing? the card might just be turboing up extremely high it is not at a high temp now. i just checked that is over 200mhz over the boost clock of the 1080. the final option is the die totally covered in thermal paste? for some reason as legend has it to MUCH thermal paste is actually a good thing on GPUs. honestly. also did u wait for the thermal paste to cure? some can take 10 days or more. i dont honestly see a problem the temps are actually not to bad tho admitedly not water cooling level

Solution

tylon09

Honorable
Oct 16, 2015
Hello kidsmoddingstudio

Everything is at stock speed no overclock

I just drained the loop and took the graphics card apart and upon doing this I could of let's say put a bit to much paste on it. It was covered so I reapplied the paste cards back in the machine and just bleeding the as we speak fingers crossed