Waterstones Embracing Amazon and Its Kindle

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
How long until the local library will consist only of a service desk where they hand out Kindles loaded with the material you requested ? Would definitely cut down on library size, staff and cost.

[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]How long until the local library will consist only of a service desk where they hand out Kindles loaded with the material you requested ? Would definitely cut down on library size, staff and cost.[/citation]

Maybe Amazon could just give a free Kindle to every 6-year old in the country. The libraries wouldn't even have any branches any more. Each city would have a few IT people and a large server, and that would be the entire public library. You log in and download books online, they expire in a week or two, nothing physical to check out or return. The library would have a budget, and software that spends it by collecting purchasing suggestions from members and buying e-books from Amazon and making them available for download.

tbq

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]How long until the local library will consist only of a service desk where they hand out Kindles loaded with the material you requested ? Would definitely cut down on library size, staff and cost.[/citation]

I can already check out digital books on my Kindle at the local library.

malvisa

Honorable
May 25, 2012
My wife and I love our new Kindle Fire. It's lightweight, easy to use and has a great interface. The first thing I recommend anyone with a new Kindle do is install the nook app. We got our instructions from www.kindlemad.com through google.

It basically unlocks all the Android marketplace apps and unlocks the device. I am one very happy Kindle owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.