3080ti
i-9 12900KF
G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB CL32 6400mhz Ddr5
980 pro
h150i 360mm
iCUE 5000X RGB QL Edition-True white
Aorus master Z690 motherboard
I'm
thinking of a 1000w Gold from evga because it is similarly priced, yet has a 10 year warranty. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Solution
A good quality 850W should be enough too. Power draw for 3080Ti something around 350W and 12900KF at full load maybe around 240W? That's almost 600W.

Although having some headroom doesn't hurt, if not on a budget a good quality 1KW would provide headroom for transient spikes common to higher end 3000 series cards, as said above.

Corsair RMx1000 is good quality unit, also Seasonic PRIME GX-1000. The Corsair I think is around the same price as the EVGA you linked also with a 10-year warranty. TheSeasonic one is around $240 I guess with a 12-year warranty period.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
A good quality 850W should be enough too. Power draw for 3080Ti something around 350W and 12900KF at full load maybe around 240W? That's almost 600W.

Although having some headroom doesn't hurt, if not on a budget a good quality 1KW would provide headroom for transient spikes common to higher end 3000 series cards, as said above.

Corsair RMx1000 is good quality unit, also Seasonic PRIME GX-1000. The Corsair I think is around the same price as the EVGA you linked also with a 10-year warranty. TheSeasonic one is around $240 I guess with a 12-year warranty period.

Solution
D

Deleted member 362816

I am not trying to be that guy but with the ATX 3.0 standard and the new changes coming to power supplies/gpu power requirements etc. I don't foresee the long warranty really mattering much as the old standard will be dropped going forward. Of course unless you plan to use the same pc for 10-12 years.

Reactions: Satan-IR

Pextaxmx

Reputable
Jun 15, 2020
Hello,
I am building a system with the following specs:
3080ti
i-9 12900KF
G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB CL32 6400mhz Ddr5
980 pro
h150i 360mm
iCUE 5000X RGB QL Edition-True white
Aorus master Z690 motherboard
I'm
thinking of a 1000w Gold from evga because it is similarly priced, yet has a 10 year warranty. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
If it has to be an EVGA, I heard that this model is much better than what you have in the OP.
https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Supernova-Modular-Warranty-220-G6-1000-X1/dp/B0997XYF3R?th=1

this one has EVGA sticker on it but inside, it is actually made by Seasonic.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I am not trying to be that guy but with the ATX 3.0 standard and the new changes coming to power supplies/gpu power requirements etc. I don't foresee the long warranty really mattering much as the old standard will be dropped going forward. Of course unless you plan to use the same pc for 10-12 years.
Yes you're right, however, you can use it on other PCs and exactly because people are still buying PSU with 10-years now the manufactures would probably have some transition period to move to the next ATX requirement phase. I mean They shouldn't just make good quality working PSUs with quite a few years left obsolete and useless overnight, or maybe that's wishful thinking lol

Since OP mentioned the EVGA has 10-year warranty I just wanted to inform them of the price range of those two and letting them know they're similar in warranty length, which can somehow be interpreted as a sign of quality and the trust the manufactorer has in its product.

I also came across a video by Gamers Nexus here on the EVGA 750W GT SuperNova in which they just tested the OPP protection of the PSU and it ran with no issue after 3-4 times they ramped the power usage to 140% and the OPP tripped! Not a full regular review but I think it's quite good. If the 1KW verios is basically the same design and components with more capacity I think it should be a good supply.

Apr 8, 2022
Which psu is better overall. a higher end 1200w corsair or a lower end 1300w evga psu. the corsair is rated higher and costs an extra 50$. but i know corsair is also a really reputable brand. I don't need 1300w but i would give me more wiggle room for overclocking. could someone offer me some insight.

Corsair
EVGA

Which psu is better overall. a higher end 1200w corsair or a lower end 1300w evga psu. the corsair is rated higher and costs an extra 50$. but i know corsair is also a really reputable brand. I don't need 1300w but i would give me more wiggle room for overclocking. could someone offer me some insight.

Corsair
EVGA
EVGA has been in the game longer, and is more flexible with their consumers then EVGA in my opinion

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I searched a few minutes and couldn't find a reputable review for the EVGA Supernova 1300 G+. Maybe there are review I couldn't find.

Brand name and their history per se don't mean much when it comes to PSUs. Even the more reputable PSU brands have and do make (or rebrand) mediocre or bad quality PSUs. It comes down to certain models and whether a certain model in that brand has been tested and reviewed by reputable sources who know what they're doing or not.

I would get the Corsair for which there's a review here at Tom's. If budget is not a factor I'd personally get a good qulaity platinum PSU over a gold one.

As said before, you don't really need that much power. A good quality 850W would do but it's always good to have some headroom and a good quality 1KW would be even better. It's your choice anyway and as the Corsair is a platinum PSU and it should be at above 90% efficiency even at 100-200W consumption range. That also somehow depends on the AC mains voltage, usually, PSUs have better efficicency where AC mains is 220-240V rather than 110-115V.

One other thing to keep in mind is the both PSUs are 20CM long/deep. I didn't check but I think your case will be OK with this.