Question WavesMaxxAudio Service Application Large CPU usage

Jan 9, 2021
I have a Dell Inspiron 5502. Running 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 1.69 GHz

I just noticed an hour ago that WavesSysSvc Service application and WavesMaxxAudio Service Application are constantly running high CPU.

I first noticed it because I have a constant temperature reading in the system tray (CrystalDiskInfo). I noticed it was running warmer than it should, so I checked the task manager.

These programs are part of Realtek Audio driver. I guess they are specific to Dell products.

I checked to see if driver was up to date, and Device Manager said it was, but I uninstalled it anyway, and downloaded a new one (from Dell .com/Support.)

Sure enough, when I restarted the computer, it started with the high, constant CPU usage. It was not always like this.

I read online in another thread from a few years ago, that maybe a new Windows update might have caused it.
If I disable the WavesMaxxAudio all together, I won't be able to use external speakers (through headphone jack) which I like to do.

Frustrating.

3QsCW3w.jpg

Jan 9, 2021
And I've discovered the damn thing isn't even working right. WavesMaxxAudio isn't detecting the headphones when they're plugged into the jack. while constantly (both WavesMassAudio and WavesSysSvc) taking upward to 25% each.

Stupid computers lol

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you right click start
choose device manager
click on Sound, video and game controllers to show everything under it
right click on realtek (R)Audio
open driver tab
what driver version is it showing here?

if they part of realtek audio we can see if there are newer drivers.

Jan 9, 2021
Yes, WavesMaxxAudio is part of the Realtek audio driver. I have the latest driver (version 6.0.9228.1)

I downloaded the latest driver from the Dell website, but I'm wondering if I can just download the Realtek HD Audio Driver directly from Realtek, which does not include the WavesMaxxAudio.

0qLCMPH.jpg

Jan 9, 2021
Another piece to this puzzle.

I noticed on the task manager, the WavesSysSvc has a drop-down arrow. I click the arrow, and beneath the WavesSysSvc Service Application is shown Waves Audio Services.

If I right click that Waves Audio Services and choose "Open Services", it appears that Waves Audio Services is in a constant "starting" phase. It never says "running".

That has to be part of the problem.
uF9iLjO.jpg