[SOLVED] Wavlink adapter not working.

Mar 25, 2020
Hiya,
I have a Wavlink AV 500 plug and play powerline adapter and I’m having some issues. I can’t use anything else as we’re in lockdown, can’t buy anything.

I just want to use the ethernet cable from the adapter as my cable isn’t long enough. I don’t need to use the wifi extending capability.

I’ve used it in the past in this fashion but now I can not get it to work. I don’t know why, it just does not connect. I’ve tried swapping the modules around and a few things but I’m lost. Can anyone help with this? Let me know if you want photos I can upload.

Solution
They have lights on them that tell if they are connecting. If you do not get that maybe try to reset them.

Your best option is to try them in the same room as the router by plugging them into 2 different outlets in the room. If they do not connect in that configuration they are likely defective.

Not sure there is almost nothing you can configure on powerline units.
They have lights on them that tell if they are connecting. If you do not get that maybe try to reset them.

Your best option is to try them in the same room as the router by plugging them into 2 different outlets in the room. If they do not connect in that configuration they are likely defective.

Not sure there is almost nothing you can configure on powerline units.

Solution