Question WD 4TB Blues are still WD Greens 4TB...?

thomas81br

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2014
WD 4TB Blues are still WD Greens 4TB...?

Hello i would like to buy WD 4TB internal 3,5 Inch standard HDD sata. I know that in the past, WD took their green drivesand just renamed them to Blue... So majority of blue drives in the past were just greens really with different name.

Greens didnt have good reputation due to their problems or failure rates or something, mainly probably because of their "eco" settings that had agressive head parking thus making a lot of more stress on the heads and causing pre mature failure... I do not want that...

My question is simple, are todays WD 4TB Blues still really just WD Greens 4TB...? Or/And do they still have that stupid agresive head parking as they did few years ago...? (i think its been called WD intellipower or intellipark or something)... Do they still have it? Is it still as bad as it was previously (or did theychanged the settings)? Are Blues (4TB) still just greens basically?

Thank you

thomas81br

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2014
Is the 4Tb blue SMR...? I thought it isnt.. i swear i did proper research into it and find out that they are NOT SMR...

Other than that, could someone attempt to answer the original question please...? Are they still defacto greens with the same old parameters of agrrisive head parking etc... (intelipower or whatever)...?