[SOLVED] WD Blue 1TB causing Windows 10 to not boot

deepakpc

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2012
My Windows 10 is installed on a Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD. Recently when I switched on my PC, it was automatically getting into "Automatic Repair" screen after failing to boot multiple times. This happened right after I cleaned my case fans at the front. So I thought it had something to do with the case fans, USB Ports or the Audio. I unplugged each one and nothing worked. At last when I unplugged my WD Blue 7200RPM 1TB, it booted up fine. I tried plugging into all the other SATA ports. Only once it booted up fine. Now it doesn't work at all.

After booting with only the SSD, I just plugged the SATA cable on the HDD and it was getting recognised fine. I could use all the files in that also.

Can someone please help with this?

Thanks in advance

deepakpc

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2012
Usually, I find this is caused by the BIOS waiting for the HDD to respond.

I would run a SMART scan of the HDD once its recognized. Hard Disk Sentinal can do this.

I installed Hard Disk Sentinal and it ran the tests on startup. It says everything is normal and no action is needed. Could it be related to the BIOS itself? I'm running a Ryzen 5 3600 with MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC. The BIOS is the latest one.