WD Blue temp reaches to 50c+

whiteknights

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013
hello.. my HD temps reaches to 50c is it safe temp? the weather is very hot here in egypt, but my gpu and cpu temps are normal, and my HD has no technical issues

Solution
Yeah, I understand now.
No, that shouldnt be a problem. But if you have a fan in the front and could build the HDD behind it, that would decrease HDD temperature drastically.

whiteknights

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013

thank you.. actually i see it around 52-53c after loading applications or gaming, but on idle its around 48-50..
what is the max Temp for WD blue? i heard its 72

whiteknights

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013

thanks, one last question please.. i build my pc with myself, and i installed the HDD facing to the graphics card, i had no room at the bottom of the case because of the cables.. so the HDD and the GPU are very close and stick to each other.

I'm thinking maybe my HDD gets hot because of that? because i didn't installed it at the bottom away from the gpu..
my case is thermaltake commander MS-III

whiteknights

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013

design1.jpg

you see the graphics card? my HDD is installed right infront of it, instead of the bottom of the case.. so I'm wondering if that generate more heat to my hdd? because the HDD has no room to breath sticking to the gpu like that.

QSV

Honorable
Feb 26, 2015
Yeah, I understand now.
No, that shouldnt be a problem. But if you have a fan in the front and could build the HDD behind it, that would decrease HDD temperature drastically.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS