WD Elements 2TB not recognised by Windows

pedroreisneto

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
Good day,

My WD Elements has been slowly giving problems and now is not recognised anymore by windows.
Basically what happened:
1. Fell from about 1m 2 months ago
2. Continued working but sometimes had to plug in and out a few times before being shown in Windows
3. Then started having issues copying files and would stop transferring after a few minutes. Disconnect and connect again worked
4. Yesterday I was copying a few files at 35mb/s and then it started dropping to 0mb/s, as had happened and few times before, but this time after disconnecting / connecting it has not been able to work
5. It boots, when I connect to the usb, spins but does not do the "normal" noises. Also gives a high click after a minute of being connected
6. Sometimes it comes as local disk in windows and when I click on it I freezes the computer
7. Disk Manager only shows up every now and again and shows as "not initialised"
cbWQvw

8. When I try and "initialise" it it gives two options which do not work

eLoihb

j4W3hb

9. I have already opened the cover and see nothing loose or anything wrong.

I would like to possibly recover the data...

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,
Pedro

Solution
If there's files you need and your not able to access it then stop using it and find a data recovery center, they will have better software/hardware to access/recover those files. You don't want to get to that "point of no return" where you can no longer access the files.

pedroreisneto

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017

Thanks but the problem is windows does not recognise it anymore. I changed usb ports, computer, cable and nothing. So at the moment I cannot access it.

WildCard999

Titan
If there's files you need and your not able to access it then stop using it and find a data recovery center, they will have better software/hardware to access/recover those files. You don't want to get to that "point of no return" where you can no longer access the files.

Solution