WD Enters Wireless Home Networking Market With My Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
These look really good on paper.. But only time will prove the more important points, like reliability and stability of connections.. Too many networking products are awesome on paper but frustraiting to use with frequent reboots needed to keep things running....

[citation][nom]techcurious[/nom]These look really good on paper.. But only time will prove the more important points, like reliability and stability of connections.. Too many networking products are awesome on paper but frustraiting to use with frequent reboots needed to keep things running....[/citation]

no kidding! after so many bad routers in the past I finally got the wrt54gl and played with Tomato and DDWRT. They are perhaps overkill on my uses for security, but at least it works right! 6 years later things have not improved in the wireless arena one bit, and even the linksys stuff sucks now.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
If their past products are any hint of the (lack of quality) that we can expect from their network products (i.e. myBook World Edition II with stupidly slow data transfer rates) then this is a non-starter

goodguy713

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
lol try living in an apartment complex where every one has the same AT&T modem/ router and all the channels are occupied this means a lot of wireless signal interference for sure.. pain in my ass!

bmyton

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
I bought a MyNet 750 and was disappointed.

The USB transfer speed was average (10MB/s) on larger files, but on small files it crashed (200-500kB/s). After the first week I started seeing random loss of internet connection on both the gigabit wired, and the wireless service. I didn't see anything in the log files to help diagnose and decided that I didn't have the energy to fight with it.

I exchanged for a Cisco EA-4500 and couldn't be happier (better range, faster USB speeds, and stable connection so far).

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.