WD External Drive to Internal

dragonith97

Reputable
Apr 12, 2014
So I just Reformated drive that I used to use externally, into my comp, but it wouldnt register and now, I tried to put it externally again, and it wont register.
After I reformatted the drive, I put some movies on it and it was working fine, So i tried to put it into my computer as an internal drive, it wouldnt register, and it wont register externally any more either.
the only thing I can think of is that i did not label the drive when I formatted it, nor did I assign a drive path.
The big problem is that I did this to 2 drives, and both are having the same issue.

dragonith97

Reputable
Apr 12, 2014

So I was able to get the other drive working, after 5 or so attempts it showed up when I had it as an external. I renamed it and put it in and it registered.
As for the second drive, it will show up when I have it externally (so I tried renaming it also), as a healthy drive with free space, but when I put it in (internally) it shows up in disk management as Disk 1 Removable (E:) No media... Also it does not show up in my computer.