Question WD External Hard Drive lost partition.

Cisar

Honorable
May 27, 2014
Hello everyone, I have a 1TB WD External Hard Drive that lost partition due to the house electricity going out while transferring files, after starting the computer back on, the hard drive still shows as E: but is not accesible and doesn't show capacity, after trying to CHKDSK it says that it can't perform this action on a raw drive, also tried Disk Genius and it freezes when attempting to restore partition, left it for a 2 days and it was still frozen.

There's like 80gb+ of videos, photos and misc, I ran some data recovery software and I got some information back, maybe not all, but everything is in random folders, no software was able to recover the original folders.
Is there anything else I can try? maybe formatting and try to recover after it?
Let me know a better solution.
Thanks.

USAFRet

Titan
Formatting and then trying to recover?
Absolutely not. That guarantees further decent into total unrecoverability.

I know of nothing that will recover a drive in a RAW state to its total original folder/file config.

Get what you can, and rebuild the folder construction manually.
You're lucky it is recovering anything.

diapolical

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2012
Try DMDE software to recover the data, professionals use it. It's cheap.
I had an external drive that windows saw as RAW but DMDE could see all the files on it in the original folders. It recovers the files, you have to have another hard drive to recover them to, but it cannot repair the Master File Table which is what can get corrupted by power outages or untimely disconnection of the external HDD.