wd hard disc not showing in disc management also

Kshreyansh

Commendable
May 15, 2016
SIR,
MY WD HARD DISC SUDDENLY STOPPED DETECTING IN MY COMPUTER. I SAW SOME VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE BUT THERE IT SHOWED TO OPEN DISC MANAGEMENT BUT THERE ALSO MY HARD DISC IS NOT SHOWING UP!!

Solution
Welcome, Kshreyansh!

This seems unfortunate. I'd suggest you try resolving the issue with your WD drive by using a different SATA cable to connect the HDD to the motherboard. Another thing you should try is plugging it in a different SATA port altogether and see if the I/O error will be appearing again.
I'd also try fixing it by resetting BIOS . If that doesn't help, go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and make sure you got the latest SATA controller & chipset drivers manually updated from there.

Let us know how it goes.
SuperSoph_WD

Kshreyansh

Commendable
May 15, 2016

it is showing in devices and printers (windows 10). but if i try to browse file on right clicking it say- The request could not be performed due to I/O device error

Welcome, Kshreyansh!

This seems unfortunate. I'd suggest you try resolving the issue with your WD drive by using a different SATA cable to connect the HDD to the motherboard. Another thing you should try is plugging it in a different SATA port altogether and see if the I/O error will be appearing again.
I'd also try fixing it by resetting BIOS . If that doesn't help, go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and make sure you got the latest SATA controller & chipset drivers manually updated from there.

Let us know how it goes.
SuperSoph_WD

Solution

TRENDING THREADS