WD Internal hard drive partition formatiing issue

maksoft1

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016
Hello All,

WD 500GB hard drive not working properly.
Through Disk management/DISKPART/My computer I have tried deleting / Formatting the partition.. Actiion went successful but still data accessible in partition. Same issue with all partition in Hard drive.

maksoft1

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016
I tried doing deleting all partitions and make them one, but that is not happening here.
All partitions are restoring by itself, awaiting your reply.

Hey there, @maksoft1!

I'm sorry to hear about your formatting issues with this WD internal drive of yours. Just like @scout_03 mentioned you should try formatting it from another computer. Another option would be to fully erase the drive using WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics for Windows. This utility helps you perform full HDD diagnostics (through the QUICK and EXTENDED tests), but it also allows you to Low Level format a.k.a. WRITE ZEROS. The full erase will fully wipe out the drive and it could take some time, so be patient with it.

Hope this helps you, too. Let us know how it goes.
SuperSoph_WD

maksoft1

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016
Thanks for the reply. But i did that too, the process of filling zeros with wd lifeguard diagonstics for windows.
The proces completed affer some time, but the partitions and data in it are restoring.
I guess it may be firmware problem or hardware issue. i have searched here and there, yet to get solution.