WD My Passport Ultra 1tb device not working

Jul 11, 2018
Hey guys!

I'm using WD My Passport 1TB USB Portable for 6 Months, one day it fell on the floor ... Since then never worked .. I tried to change the cable and the laptop ... But all attempts failed ... Knowing that the lamp blinking and can feel the vibration, which works, but does not appear on the computer.

please help me .. i have an important files on it.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I suggest contacting data recovery services, hard drives are extremely sensitive devices, and when dropped can permanently damage the platters or heads. Just because the drive spins doesn't mean it works sadly.
I would not send it back to WD as they would just do a drive replacement, they won't recover the data.

Best chance is there is some damage to the USB controller for the HDD, most likely cause is irrecoverable damage to the HDD itself.
I suggest contacting data recovery services, hard drives are extremely sensitive devices, and when dropped can permanently damage the platters or heads. Just because the drive spins doesn't mean it works sadly.
I would not send it back to WD as they would just do a drive replacement, they won't recover the data.

Best chance is there is some damage to the USB controller for the HDD, most likely cause is irrecoverable damage to the HDD itself.

Solution