[SOLVED] WD My Passport Ultra completely fails to be recognized by my windows 10 laptop

May 1, 2020
When I plug in the drive, the LED comes on and I can feel it spinning, but it doesn't show up in device manager, computer manager, WD Discovery, Seagate's Seatools, Easeus recovery, absolutely nothing. I've even tried a different cable and different machine but it's the same story. My computer doesn't even give me the "safely remove" option down in the toolbar. It's as if the drive simply doesn't exist, but I can see that it is at least receiving power. I even have an older My Passport Ultra that works flawlessly with the same cable, so I am absolutely lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

May 9, 2020
I am having a similar issue with an older passport. It shows up as a local drive for me now all of a sudden instwas of "my passoort" byt it is not accessible. It keep saying denied and will crash my windows explorer when I click it until I unplug it and everything will go back to normal and the windows I was clicking will show up. I am also on windows to build 1909. It has been working fine and is only used to back up photos. Anyone know how this can happen? I have all my kids newborn pictures on it and am very scared to lose it all.

When plugged in, I see flashing lights and if I go to device manager I see it there as wd passport 0748 but does not show up under disk management, in fact it freezes whole comp until I unplug it.

I tried all the wd tools- security, utilities and the lifeguard but they all say attach a valid drive or just doesnt show it.

I bought a new cable today and tried it on 2 other laptops with no dice please help!!