[SOLVED] WD My Passport Ultra hardware recognition ?

Aug 3, 2022
Hi,
I have recently changed the motherboard and CPU of my PC. As a result my External HDD has started asking for password to unlock it (I forgot my password). If I reflect revert my hadware back to original will the HDD be recognized again ? I still have my old motherboard and CPU, OS is updated.

Solution
Hi,
I recently have changed the Mother board and processor of my PC. As a result my External HDD has started asking for password to unlock (I forgot my password). If I reflect my hadware back to original does the HDD recognize again? Note that my old Mother board and processor are still there, OS is updated.
That's not hardware problem, you'll have to access it from old OS and unlock it from there. Should be able to find password from there or just disable it on that disk.
Hi,
I recently have changed the Mother board and processor of my PC. As a result my External HDD has started asking for password to unlock (I forgot my password). If I reflect my hadware back to original does the HDD recognize again? Note that my old Mother board and processor are still there, OS is updated.
That's not hardware problem, you'll have to access it from old OS and unlock it from there. Should be able to find password from there or just disable it on that disk.

Solution