WD My Passport Ultra Not Detected

reaxlaxl

Commendable
Nov 7, 2016
I was copying some files from my laptop to my WD My Passport Ultra 1TB
It was working fine for about 10-20 mins and it suddenly froze
I tried checking my hard drive but "Not Responding"
And immediately tried to Safely Remove and still no response
I waited for a good 3-4 hours still not responding and i lost my patience.

I remove my external WD without the "Safety Removal" cause i dont have a choice..
And after that when i connect my External it won't show up anymore
I tried some methods here but nothing seems to work for me.

Here are some useful? screenshots

aYpfEvt.jpg

3u60avv.jpg

g63PL9v.jpg

Solution
Welcome to the community, @reaxlaxl!

I'm sorry to hear about your connectivity issues with the WD My Passport drive. :( Unfortunately, taking the HDD without the safely removal could have damaged its file system. It appears as 'Not initialized' which basically means that the system is not recognizing the HDD as having any file system whatsoever. I'd strongly recommend you check how it would appear if you connect it to a different laptop or PC running Windows OS. I'd also advise you to swap the USB cable and the USB port where the external drive is currently connected to the laptop.
Do you have any important data on the WD My Passport that is not backed up elsewhere? If you do, then I'd advise you to consider contacting a...
Welcome to the community, @reaxlaxl!

I'm sorry to hear about your connectivity issues with the WD My Passport drive. :( Unfortunately, taking the HDD without the safely removal could have damaged its file system. It appears as 'Not initialized' which basically means that the system is not recognizing the HDD as having any file system whatsoever. I'd strongly recommend you check how it would appear if you connect it to a different laptop or PC running Windows OS. I'd also advise you to swap the USB cable and the USB port where the external drive is currently connected to the laptop.
Do you have any important data on the WD My Passport that is not backed up elsewhere? If you do, then I'd advise you to consider contacting a professional data recovery company for assistance as they would be your best bet on getting those files back.
I'd also strongly recommend you check the HDD's health and SMART status by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from our Data LifeGuard Diagnostics for Windows.

Keep me posted with the troubleshooting!
SuperSoph_WD

Solution