[SOLVED] WD Web Hub keeps "stalling" when playing or transferring files... does it need to be defragged? How?

Mar 7, 2021
If I keep copying the files to it over and over again, it eventually works. It's as if it misses bits the 1st time and if you keep adding to it, eventually it works. ****?

[**** is Moderator edit to remove implied profanity.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
"It's an earlier version of this device"....

Meaning my link is the earlier version or your device is an earlier version?

Either way, the link I found was for an already obsolete TV Media player.

If your player is even older or not much newer than the referenced media player, the player is more likely nearing towards or developing EOL (End of Life) problems.

Often preceded by (but not always) intermittent problems. Some devices simply stop - no sometimes copying.

Working sometimes is deemed an intermittent problem and intermittent problems are difficult to discover and/or diagnose.

Source problem could be the power supply, the cables, or the device itself.

For the most part you are limited to trying other video cables. Swap in...
Mar 7, 2021
More information needed.

WD Web Hub

Do you mean this device?

https://support-en.wd.com/app/products/product-detail/p/187

If I have misidentified the device then provide an appropriate link.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What copying software are you using?
It's an earlier version of this device. I copy files to it from my computer, as if it's another hard drive... which is the way it shows up in Windows.

Ralston18

Titan
"It's an earlier version of this device"....

Meaning my link is the earlier version or your device is an earlier version?

Either way, the link I found was for an already obsolete TV Media player.

If your player is even older or not much newer than the referenced media player, the player is more likely nearing towards or developing EOL (End of Life) problems.

Often preceded by (but not always) intermittent problems. Some devices simply stop - no sometimes copying.

Working sometimes is deemed an intermittent problem and intermittent problems are difficult to discover and/or diagnose.

Source problem could be the power supply, the cables, or the device itself.

For the most part you are limited to trying other video cables. Swap in other known working video cable.

About all you can do with respect to the player's power supply is to ensure that those connections are fully and firmly in place.

If the problem has reached the stage where not working and copy failures exceed successes then you may need to start looking for a replacement player.

Solution