So here are my PC parts, I highlighted what needs to be addressed.✖ PC Parts:
◦ Intel i7-4790K 4.0 GHz Processor
◦ Cooler Master Hyper 212X Processor Fan
◦ Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark S Motherboard
◦ Kingston HyperX 8GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1866MHz Memory (RAM)
◦ ASUS Strix GTX 970 4GB OC Edition Graphics Processing Unit
◦ Samsung SSD 850 EVO Solid State Drive
◦ SeaGate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM Hard Disk Drive
◦ Cougar SL600 Power Supply Unit
◦ Fractal Design Define R5
✖ PC Peripherals:
◦ Razer Blackwidow Chroma Gaming Keyboard
◦ Razer Kraken 7.1 USB Chroma Gaming Headset
◦ Razer Deathadder Chroma Gaming Mouse
◦ Razer Goliathus Control Gaming Mouse Mat
◦ Razer Butthus Chair Pillow 2000
◦ Logitech G400s Gaming Mouse (For CSGO)
◦ Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel
◦ CreativeInspire A500 5.1 Surround Sound System
◦ Bose Companion 5 5.1 Surround Sound System
◦ AudioTechnica AT2020 USB+ Cardioid Condenser Microphone
◦ AudioTechnica AT2035's Shock Mount
◦ Rode PSA1 Boom Stand
◦ Samson PSO1 Pop Filter
◦ BenQ 24" RL2455HM Gaming Monitor
◦ HDT Generic Monitor
◦ 2 x hand towels for my sweaty hands.
I'm a avid gamer and video/audio wizard. The computer is used all day erry'day so durability could be a criteria. But don't worry, if it survives 3 years, I could have already saved money for another one. (Except for storage, broken storage = lost data...)
I currently have a total of 1TB of storage.
500GB from an SSD and 500GB from an HDD.
The SSD is under 50% and I want to keep it that way to keep it crisp and minty.
But my HDD is already at the red line, so here's the question should I get the 4TB Black or 6TB Red for my Steam directory?. If I buy the new HDD, my documents, files, movies, music will remain on my 500GB since it only occupies ~100GB of it.
Some questions that I'm curious for answers:
1. I like fast loading times. Are loading times NOTICEABLY faster between black and red?
2. Money doesn't grow from trees, so if you have another HDD that's a bang for my buck, can you suggest another one?
3. Should I wait for a 10TB HDD or go dive in now?
Thank you for reading through my post!