Question We can't sign into your account message after logging in with known credentials

works_arc

Reputable
Apr 7, 2021
Hi everyone.

I am replacing a conference room computer and, when I log in, I am getting the message that 'we can't sign into your computer. this problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in'. I sign out, sign back in, and the same message pops up. I use the login and pw credentials on another computer and it works without incident. When I check the C: Users, this user, LA-Conference, is not listed. What in gods name is happening here??

Ralston18

Titan
@works_arc

I am deleting the linked 5 minute YouTube presentation showing a screen capture video of the actions you took.

The fix involved a number of registry edits.

The link was difficult to follow (too fast), audio was hard to understand, and the fix involved some sort of registry edits.

Registry edits are not recommended fixes and should only be done as a last resort and a full system backup including the registry itself.

works_arc

Reputable
Apr 7, 2021
@works_arc

I am deleting the linked 5 minute YouTube presentation showing a screen capture video of the actions you took.

The fix involved a number of registry edits.

The link was difficult to follow (too fast), audio was hard to understand, and the fix involved some sort of registry edits.

Registry edits are not recommended fixes and should only be done as a last resort and a full system backup including the registry itself.
Thanks! I followed the steps in the video!!