Question We got a loaner boot kit and still there is no boot up

Mar 4, 2022
so i posted a thread at the beginning of the month https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/help-with-first-boot-up.3752766/#post-22629153
Geforce GTX 1660 super GDDR6 6GB
ASROCK B450 Pro4
G.Skill Ripjaws 16 GB DDR4 (two sticks for 32 GB)
AGV 650 W Bronze 8- Plus
Samsung NVMe M.2 SSD
loaner CPU: AMD Athlon 200 GE
we followed the advice we got to get a loaner boot kit and now we are at another impasse. we put the new CPU in and plugged everything in just as before and first time boot up we got to the boot start screen on the monitor! hurrah, except the thumbdrive we had an OS had a compressed file so I went to unzip that and now the computer wont boot up at all. no fans spinning, but there is a power light coming on from the GPU I dont know what to do to trouble shoot from here, please and thanks in advance for your help

Mar 4, 2022
oh we had a windows download file but it wasnt being picked up by the computer so i took it out to see what could be the issue and the download file was compressed so i unzipped it to see if that would do it but now we dont have anything happening with the computer

USAFRet

Titan
oh we had a windows download file but it wasnt being picked up by the computer so i took it out to see what could be the issue and the download file was compressed so i unzipped it to see if that would do it but now we dont have anything happening with the computer
Still completely unsure here...

You're wanting to boot into a Windows install on the USB?
Not necessarily install, but just boot it up.

Or simply upgrade the BIOS with the loaner CPU?

Mar 4, 2022
as I understand it from the advice we got: the CPU we have needs a newer BIOS then what we had, and i thought to do that I would need an OS install to download the new BIOS to the motherboard which is why we have the thumbdrive. however after the first boot up and the message that there was no recognized OS plugged into the motherboard, nothing has booted up again and I am not sure what has happened to cause this. So we havent even gotten to the boot step really bc something isnt working and I cant figure it out. I dont know if its the PSU because there is light on the GPU when power is supplied. and with the short circuit tool we got with the PSU the PSU fans start spinning when power is supplied. but nothing else does. CPU fan doesnt and neither does the GPU

USAFRet

Titan
as I understand it from the advice we got: the CPU we have needs a newer BIOS then what we had, and i thought to do that I would need an OS install to download the new BIOS to the motherboard which is why we have the thumbdrive. however after the first boot up and the message that there was no recognized OS plugged into the motherboard, nothing has booted up again and I am not sure what has happened to cause this. So we havent even gotten to the boot step really bc something isnt working and I cant figure it out. I dont know if its the PSU because there is light on the GPU when power is supplied. and with the short circuit tool we got with the PSU the PSU fans start spinning when power is supplied. but nothing else does. CPU fan doesnt and neither does the GPU
For your motherboard, BIOS updates:
http://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B450 Pro4/#BIOS

IF you need an actual OS (and I'm not sure you do), whatever you have on that flash drive is not right.

and i thought to do that I would need an OS install to download the new BIOS to the motherboard
Nope, you don't need Windows for that. You should have done the update straight from BIOS when you first booted.
I dont know if its the PSU because there is light on the GPU when power is supplied.
Typically it is either PSU or motherboard fault. Do you have another PSU to try?