[SOLVED] We need a new router HELP!

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
Hi everyone I haven't bought a wireless router in a decade our ASUS RT-N66U has crapped out and needs to be replaced just would like to know what sort of router to buy we have a lot of devices that connect to it regularly as many as 30 at a time sometimes

Solution
unfortunately we are locked into 200 MBps down and 20 up but when we move in the near future I intend to get the 940 MBps down 100+ up service which is actually cheaper

we just have too many devices going at one time because of running home business with 9 additional people connected to wifi. By the time you add up all the kids devices cell phones the xbox the gaming PC etc etc just my family uses

I see, in terms of the internet, that mainly depends on your ISP, they should give you a router. In terms of any other physical hardware, a switch may be useful to provide additional support for connections under a local area network. Furthermore, ensure that you alter the router settings that suite you best; including checking...

Mohan_27

Reputable
Jun 2, 2017
Hi Andyme177,

A few considerations I would take first, know your budget, see the available packages provided by your ISP and when it comes to router specifications you want to ensure that you have broadband with high download and upload speeds to handle multiple devices.

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
Hi Andyme177,

A few considerations I would take first, know your budget, see the available packages provided by your ISP and when it comes to router specifications you want to ensure that you have broadband with high download and upload speeds to handle multiple devices.
unfortunately we are locked into 200 MBps down and 20 up but when we move in the near future I intend to get the 940 MBps down 100+ up service which is actually cheaper

we just have too many devices going at one time because of running home business with 9 additional people connected to wifi. By the time you add up all the kids devices cell phones the xbox the gaming PC etc etc just my family uses

Mohan_27

Reputable
Jun 2, 2017

I see, in terms of the internet, that mainly depends on your ISP, they should give you a router. In terms of any other physical hardware, a switch may be useful to provide additional support for connections under a local area network. Furthermore, ensure that you alter the router settings that suite you best; including checking whether you're using 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz connection following other settings.

Solution