Web Browser Grand Prix 9: Chrome 17, Firefox 10, And Ubuntu

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Sure, leave out SEAMONKEY (Netscape Mozilla team), the fastest, stable, most secure, most customizable, applications loaded browser that you can get for free.
Wake me up when you're no longer a fashion sheeple.

srap

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
[citation][nom]Cyberat_88[/nom]Sure, leave out SEAMONKEY (Netscape Mozilla team), the fastest, stable, most secure, most customizable, applications loaded browser that you can get for free. Wake me up when you're no longer a fashion sheeple.[/citation]
SeaMonkey uses the exact same layout engine and JavaScript engine: the results of SM would be the same as of FireFox.

andywork78

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
I'm hoping that most of all user will know about this chrome feature but let me share with you guys~

1. ctrl + shift + n - private mode

2. login go google.com and type this address - google.com/history
if you don't like google tracking - please disable this option and click "remove all"

3. you guys all know Hosts files that can block site where bugging you.
http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm
try out and let me know~

4. person who have ramdisk - --disk-cache-dir="E:\BrowserCache" (E:\ is where your ramdisk drive located)

5. ghostery, do not track plus, and adblock plus for you best apps~

Just share some info with you guys!!

[citation][nom]srap[/nom]SeaMonkey uses the exact same layout engine and JavaScript engine: the results of SM would be the same as of FireFox.[/citation]

Doesn't Palemoon have the same layout and Javascript engine as Firefox despite it being faster? I can prove that Palemoon is faster if you want. Those are not the only parts of a browser important for performance. The entire program matters.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
On the memory management test, I remember reading somewhere that Opera has a unique feature that scales its memory usage with how much free memory your system has, so if there is idle memory using more memory after closing tabs can be a good thing if you reload some of the elements on those pages.

spotify95

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
[citation][nom]adamovera[/nom]But that is ONE test, not a category composed of several tests, one solitary test. Out of 50+ tests, it tanks one. That is a rather solid record.[/citation]
I know I complained before, but on second thoughts, thats pretty good. I may as well download Firefox and see what I am missing! ;)

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Seamonkey is faster on page loads than Firefox and seems to respond locally faster too. The Mozilla team split up on differences in ideology, they are NOT the same browser anymore, despite similarities. I don't like Firefox's lack of options in anything.

spotify95

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011

Perhaps try uninstalling the smart search? If its a virus then use an antivirus software to get rid of it for you. If they dont work, tyr re-installing Chrome. :)

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
I say this is an invalid comparison, Chrome is a derivative and so is Firefox, the only originals here are IE, Opera and Safari, the only other browser to be included should've been Seamonkey. Opera used to be fast, but now too many features delay webpage loading and link caching.

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Chrome - I want a browser with LESS security than IE, less options to customize looks or get rid of that awful white background all chinese program into the webs nowadays.
Firefox - I want a more bloated browser than Seamonkey with LESS features and loads pages slower.
Safari ported to IBM pcs - not even close to IE.
IE - it's Microsoft need I say more ? Slowest to load pages, most sought after for hackers, Microsoft controlled, updates are many times making it act like a Virus.
Seamonkey - To the Rescue ! Netscape Ahoy !!!

G

I hope to start back my account to accesse my Network. data aplicatoin
condacting. my brawser firefox

xaephod

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2007
Too bad Firefox is unstable. It isn't completely compatible witih Nvidia drivers. How do I know? Because everytime I use Firefox it either crashes the video driver or it freezes my computer. Never happens with any other browser. Something is screwy.

Status
Not open for further replies.