Web Site Blocked

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
So the PC is mine and im trying to access a normal website but then this message shows up preventing me from viewing the webpage:

This website is not allowed

Parental control is blocking the content of this website from viewing.

Windows 10 same thing on all browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge)

Solution

It is very unlikely that Steam is the source of this (potential virus/malware). This is not normal behavior for viruses but hey, anything can be expected. A full scan with your AV and Malwarebytes after both are updated to the latest definitions should make this a very low probability.

I still believe the most likely cause is either your Windows 10 account or your Google account settings. If you experience the same issue on your Android device it points towards your Google account settings.

Not experiencing any restrictions on your Mac eliminates router settings (unless someone specifically adjusted the settings to block your PC's/Phone's...

Jester Maroc

Distinguished
So did anybody set up parental controls? If so maybe you need to ask them to remove those controls.

EDIT: If you are an adult and you wish to remove this restriction you can do it by logging out of the child account and logging in with the admin account.

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
It's my PC no one else uses it im above 21 Yo and i dint set up any parental controls or accounts.
Oh yeah it also pops up sometimes when i type in the Steam search bar which is extremely weird.

https://www.exposegaming.com/wp-content/uploads/Steam-3-search-bar-1024x535.jpg That one

PS could you give me a good screenshot program name to download to show you (Fraps doesnt work on Windows 10)

Jester Maroc

Distinguished
You must have an account set up. If you only have a local account that you use to log-in then the account that you created is a child account. I am not sure if you can create another account while logged in under a child account, but you will need to be logged into an account that is not a child account. These settings cannot be adjusted in settings, windows automatically implements this restriction in a child account.

If you click start and type "snipping" you can use that to take a screen shot, or you can simply press "printscreen" on the keyboard and then paste into paint.

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
Wheres my google account settings?

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
Its very random sometimes it blocks the site and sometimes it doesnt.

Some sites are permanent.

Also those sites work on my Mac on Safari. I am currently typing this to you from my windows 10 msi gp 62 mvr 6rf leopard pro on Chrome

How is your account described in Control Panel>User Accounts> If it says Standard change it to Administrator.

When you've done that, go to c:\windows\system32 and right click on the file cmd.exe. Choose RunAs Administrator and when the black Command form shows up, at the Prompt> type
user account Administrator /active:yes
and hit Enter. Sign out or restart and go into the Administrator account to see if the same behaviour persists.

If it does, MalwareBytes is your new best friend.

Jester Maroc

Distinguished
Tell us a bit more about your setup.

1. You have a PC connected to the router via cable?

2. You have other devices that are also sometimes getting blocked and they connect via wifi?

3. Are you the only person using the internet? If not you are sure the other users have not adjusted the settings on your router?

4. Have you mentioned this to your ISP?

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012

This a CPU issue??

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
No sir i doubt it. Besides i thought i was the one with the questions...

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
so i type in exactly: user account Administrator /active:yes?

Jester Maroc

Distinguished

If you do not experience any restriction while on you Mac then the issue is certainly with your Windows account and your Google account.

If you are logged into and Administrator account in Win10 you should not experience this.

And if you adjust your content settings in your Google account you should also not be blocked while browsing in Chrome.

Jester Maroc

Distinguished

Here is a short guide: https://www.ghacks.net/2014/11/12/how-to-enable-the-hidden-windows-10-administrator-account/

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
1) Ihave a laptop on wifi
2) Yes my Android phone with the same sites (using chrome on phone).
3)No sir more people are using the router Via their laptops but they have not touched router.
4) no

MERGED QUESTION
Question from 4cloud : "Web Site Blocked"

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013

@ your first post I have installed Avira and did a full scan multiple times system is clean.