webOS Decision Expected From HP in Just Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
HP is dumb... No matter what they decide, they have already failed with it...
Should have made an app eco-system. Should have made nice with developers.

I hope MS learned and can still make WP7 a success with continued support and product integration with the rest of their portfolio...

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
WebOs will go down in history as one of those products that was superior to the competition but yet was marketed very poorly and as a result failed. There is a part of me that hopes HP will make something of this, but my confidence is very low on that one.

gsacks

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
I am very happy with my 32GB Touchpad for $150. With the recommended tweaks to streamline the OS and turn off all the performance-sucking logging, and overclock (un-underclock actually) the CPU, it runs great. Has a good web browser, and with spashtop or PlayOn etc, it can play pretty much any media. I couldn't be happier. HP is still a train-wreck though.

[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]HP is dumb... No matter what they decide, they have already failed with it... Should have made an app eco-system. Should have made nice with developers. I hope MS learned and can still make WP7 a success with continued support and product integration with the rest of their portfolio...[/citation]
Not all is lost on webOS yet. With good leadership (which may or may not be provided by Ms. eBay) there is still time to better develop the eco system around webOS. The problem is that they would have to do it quickly before MS comes out with win8 ARM next year.

yea superior for sure

Palm couldn't sell anything with it and now HP couldn't until they sould it for peanuts

yea very superior

FAIL

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
I love WebOS but the OS does not! sell phones, features and apps do.
People want big screens and tons of apps, even if 80% of the apps are crap!
I will use my pre2 until it dies. Maybe WP7/8, mango seems to be heading in the right direction.

striker410

Distinguished
yea superior for sure

Palm couldn't sell anything with it and now HP couldn't until they sould it for peanuts

yea very superior

FAIL

I assume you've never used WebOS? It is one of the few operating systems to manage multi tasking correctly. The card interface was simply genius in my opinion.

G

That's about the only thing it got right. They just didn't polish the OS enough before release. It's buggier and more sluggish than it should be. I can't even make a bookmark with an ampersand in it and expect it to work.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I'd more say WebOS fialed to advertising, pretty much is had a bunch of odd commercials about a dancing very pale lady that didn't make much sense, and probably very few people identified with.

then under HP they go to some small fighting guy about little things packign a punch... im sure fighter fans know who the guy was but thats again a limited market.

I love my palm, still use it, got mine first day they were out. it is showing its age but I'lll probabyl stick with the devise for a while since it still does what i need... though i'd like a logner battery life

juxtaposer

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
My earliest recall of the HP Touchpad or WebOS is from mid-late August. I tried to do a little research and then tried to buy at the reduced price. The information I've seen for WebOS or the Touchpad is from reading about it or watching videos of it--no 'hands on' tryouts. Maybe HP could make a webpage where people could try out WebOS for a little while, as in a virtual machine or simulator.

If people could install Android to the Touchpad, would WebOS work on Android devices?

well thats just it your IMO. if it was so good then why did palm go out of business?

FAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.