Website is blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

logan_17

Reputable
Feb 2, 2016
Ok. So i made myself a website and after a few weeks the website i made got blocked. When i changed my ip adress the website was blocked on that ip also. Is the website still blocked because i used the same port as i used before and they might have blocked the port? I dont understand why the site is still blocked even though i changed my ip. Also my website was running on Port 80 but if they blocked the port wouldnt that block like every website so did they really block the port? The website that blocked mine is <<website removed by moderator>> if you guys just wanted to know.

If you have a residential contract with your ISP, then it is likely that your ISP is blocking incoming access to port 80. ISP generally don't allow any type of hosting on residential accounts, that is what their more costly business and website hosting services are for.

For instance I was running a Wolfenstein Enemy Territory server which I also ran a ftp redirect server on so that players could download custom maps, campaigns, etc, faster than 34kbs. However my ISP doesn't allow hosting a server on my residential connection. I moved the port my ftp server was on (fortunately the Quake 3 engine netcode allows to specify ftp port), then on my router I redirected the incoming ftp traffic back to port 21 because I was using a WD My Cloud to host the ftp server and didn't have an easy way to modify the incoming port for ftp.

I digress though. The above solution isn't likely to work for you since it's uncommon to force / specify a port other than the http port (80) for a website.

So the long and short of it would be contact your ISP and find out if you are allowed to host a website on you connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.