[SOLVED] Websites do not recognize my computer

Clifford Sanford

Reputable
Nov 24, 2019
When I try to access websites, almost all announce that it does not recognize my computer. This a huge waste of a Windows 10 Edge users time. My question is what is the cause and how to restore the PC back to normal. It's difficult to have to call each of the hundreds of websites and document all the account data. It's reached the point that It defeats the purpose of having a PC. A PC has become an over priced paper weight. Help an thanks.

Solution
In both cases after reopening the browser I had to sign in again.
Click on the 3 dots on the top/right of Edge. Go to Settings. Click on Cookies and site permissions.

On the left, click on Manage and delete cookies and site data. The first option, Allow sites to save... should be on (switch colored blue).
#1. Is it blue?

On the left, click on Privacy, search, and services.
On the right, under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what clear...
#2. Are all of the options white / off on the right?

kanewolf

Titan
When I try to access websites, almost all announce that it does not recognize my computer. This a huge waste of a Windows 10 Edge users time. My question is what is the cause and how to restore the PC back to normal. It's difficult to have to call each of the hundreds of websites and document all the account data. It's reached the point that It defeats the purpose of having a PC. A PC has become an over priced paper weight. Help an thanks.
The way websites "recognize" a computer is by saving cookies. If you ran some software to "clean" your computer, those cookies could be deleted.

Clifford Sanford

Reputable
Nov 24, 2019
I ran your test on your website and a retail website. In both cases after reopening the browser I had to sign in again. In the case of the retail website I had always check marked the keep me logged in. On the first login of the test, the screen still showed tghe checkmark. Tnx

I ran your test on your website and a retail website. In both cases after reopening the browser I had to sign in again. In the case of the retail website I had always check marked the keep me logged in. On the first login of the test, the screen still showed tghe checkmark. Tnx
I don't use edge but look through the browser settings for something like 'clear cookies when the browser closes'

gardenman

Splendid
In both cases after reopening the browser I had to sign in again.
Click on the 3 dots on the top/right of Edge. Go to Settings. Click on Cookies and site permissions.

On the left, click on Manage and delete cookies and site data. The first option, Allow sites to save... should be on (switch colored blue).
#1. Is it blue?

On the left, click on Privacy, search, and services.
On the right, under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what clear...
#2. Are all of the options white / off on the right?

Solution