Weekly mining Safe temps

miki.8

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017
Hello my lovely community,

i do have a question about safe mining temperatures for not 24/365.
To get the question into better shape i have to ask - if i want to try mining at home while I’m at school for about 8-9 hours per day, if it’s safe to have 80c on my Gtx 1070 ti.

I know that there are tons of articles but it’s all for 365 mining.

I just want to try to mine like 100$ and get in love with it or to hate it, you know What i mean.

Kind regards

Solution
All right so with a 78 °C avg temp 80 isnt that much of a difference. I wouldnt suggest underclocking it eirher. If you dont mind noise use msi afterburner to control the fan speed to keep it constant cool.
Everyone is mining and having a 1070ti not mining would be a pity.

Also check how much you pay per kW/h and look towards mining etherium ( popular one ) or look what algorithm would be the most efficient for other coins.

SoulTheBest

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
I assume you are overclocking it to get 80 °C

In my opinion it is NOT worth it for a bunch of extra cents a day plus the GPU dies a lot quicker that way.

Also why not mining during the night instead? ( Here you pay less for kW/h during night and weekends, not sure if thats the sale for you, thats why i asked )

miki.8

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017

It was just an example during a school, the main thing i’ve wanted to tell is something about 8 hours. Maybe i can downclock the gpu, but don’t know how much because -200mhz clock speed haven’t decreased temps so hard. Also with a stock settings it has about 78~ of course it’s Bloower fan.

SoulTheBest

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
All right so with a 78 °C avg temp 80 isnt that much of a difference. I wouldnt suggest underclocking it eirher. If you dont mind noise use msi afterburner to control the fan speed to keep it constant cool.
Everyone is mining and having a 1070ti not mining would be a pity.

Also check how much you pay per kW/h and look towards mining etherium ( popular one ) or look what algorithm would be the most efficient for other coins.

Solution