Weird and Frequent BSODS, Freezes

Vincent_22

Distinguished
May 29, 2016
Alright so i've been having BSOD's for 5 months now its kernel data inpage error.Then i reinstalled windows and used the pc without problems for a month with only CS:GO .Then i've downloaded and installed 4 games in a row Modern Warfare series after that it started happening again i did sfc and chkdsk no avail.Then i've sent the pc to warranty.They said it was a faulty ram and changed it.I've used the pc for a week with only cs:go had no problem i thought it was over.Then i've decided install AC series downloaded the first 4 games overnight about 60 gb installed the first game played for 5 hours and BSOD.Then restarted the pc and did chkdsk it froze at %70 and computer didnt respond to nothing i've resetted it with a reset button without cutting its electricity and it didn't recognized the HDD.After that i've had to hard reset and it booted up.At this point im starting to think some chunk of sector is faulty on hard drive and when some files gets in there it starts to BSOD.Any ideas ?.

I have also scanned the HDD with HD Tune it reported no bad sectors.Im throughly confused.Pc is not overclocked Cpu doesnt go beyond 42 degrees thx to hyper evo 212.Any help is appreciated.

I forgot to add windows doesnt create a .dmp files i did all the setting about minidumps.This one is just making me think the HDD is faulty since it shows no activity after BSOD.

Solution
that why it is good to have it check under warranty time you save a loot of money and now you have a working system even new parts could be defectives .
Hey there, Vincent!

I'd follow @scout's advice and use your hard drive manufacturer's brand-specific diagnostic tool to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD. I'd also recommend you reseat the connections to the drive inside your rig and make sure everything is mounted properly. You should probably try switching the SATA port on the motherboard and also connecting the drive with a different SATA cable.
In case you have access to another computer, I'd strongly recommend you give the HDD a go there and see how it will get detected. As soon as you can access it, make sure you backup all your files before proceeding with the troubleshooting!

Best of luck! Hope this helps.
SuperSoph_WD

bugchecks that don't produce a memory dump can happen when there is a problem in the storage subsystem.

this can happen with a simple loose data cable to the drive, a BIOS bug in the power management, bugs in the SATA chipset driver.
Bugs in the firmware of the storage device.

I would put the device on a different SATA port or controller, the SATA controller supported directly by the CPU chipset is most likely to work.
I would update the BIOS to a current version. This has two effect, the update fixes and it will clear out and rebuilt the database of hardware setting passed to windows.

I would also go to the motherboard vendor website and update any hardware drivers, for the SATA chip set and the CPU chipset.
also look for updates to the motherboard sound drivers because sound conflicts often mess with graphics cards and graphics drivers just tend to freeze the system when they fail. It gets pretty messy on the newer systems where even the USB devices can mess up the entire system.

you might want to google how to force a memory dump using the keyboard
and change your memory dump type to kernel
reboot and force a memory dump of the working system. looking at it in a windows debugger can spot a lot of potential problems.

Vincent_22

Distinguished
May 29, 2016
Alright so i'm writing this from my other pc.I took my pc to the warranty again explained all of this in the thread to the it guy and he took the case and did some tests and told me the hdd was dying and he fired the intern that thought it was a faulty ram.

Vincent_22

Distinguished
May 29, 2016

Since the rams are brand new also memtest clean.I got to keep the new rams.He did offered me a new HDD for free and he told me that he will back up my old system in to the new one.But there is still some warrancy procedures to take.He said i'll probably take my pc in 2 weeks.He had to send the hdd to the official service.

Vincent_22

Distinguished
May 29, 2016
System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer name: VLINDEMANN
Windows version: Windows 8.1 , 6.3, build: 9600
Windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., M5A97 LE R2.0
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor AMD586, level: 21
6 logical processors, active mask: 63
RAM: 8484470784 bytes total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

No valid crash dumps have been found on your computer

Conclusion

Crash dumps are enabled but no valid crash dumps have been found. In case you are experiencing system crashes, it may be that crash dumps are prevented from being written out. Check out the following article for possible causes: If crash dumps are not written out.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.