[SOLVED] Weird Artifacts/Glitch in every games.

n8than26

Reputable
Mar 12, 2021
So 2 years ago i got this Powercolor RX 470 4GB Mining Edition from my Cousin, he said it's a gift for me.. and i tried it.. it actually works for games and daily productivity.. but in games.. i got these weird artifacts? it's like dots? it happen in almost all games like GTA V, COD Modern Warfare.. is this an issue from my graphics card or the settings from the game?

Solution
running gpu close to its max temperature for prolonged time will reduce your gpu lifetime
try reduce gpu/ram clocks, that should get rid of those dots
So 2 years ago i got this Powercolor RX 470 4GB Mining Edition from my Cousin, he said it's a gift for me.. and i tried it.. it actually works for games and daily productivity.. but in games.. i got these weird artifacts? it's like dots? it happen in almost all games like GTA V, COD Modern Warfare.. is this an issue from my graphics card or the settings from the game?

i don't spot a weird issues here...

Maybe you want to totally clean that gpu heatsink, pipes, fans, and the gpu chip itself and repaste it. the temperature is real hot.

You either still have not seen the multiple black pixels and you refer to something else, or you did see them and think it's normal. It is not. There shouldn't be any black pixels floating around and that is most probably from overheating.
well i do see it sometimes and my gpu is not overheating, it's even topped at 65c. idk what causes this but this happened to my gt 730 ddr5 too. well it didnt on my friends 1060 6gb at high texture..

Also i've read this: https://gtaforums.com/topic/947033-how-to-fix-this-grass-and-all-textures-glitch/

Temperature of the GPU is completely irrelivent of memory temperatures. Low end cards do not have memory temp sensors.
Do you have any case cooling fans?
2 different GPUs on same system having this same symptoms points to overheating .
A second possibility is main system memory errors, which could also be caused by overheating.

Reactions: Koekieezz

n8than26

Reputable
Mar 12, 2021
Temperature of the GPU is completely irrelivent of memory temperatures. Low end cards do not have memory temp sensors.
Do you have any case cooling fans?
2 different GPUs on same system having this same symptoms points to overheating .
A second possibility is main system memory errors, which could also be caused by overheating.
Btw i forgot to mention, the temp in the first screenshot is because i forgot to automatic my fan speed in msi after burner.. it's 70-75 in heavy gaming..