Question Weird Bios stuck issue

eziosimon1995

Commendable
Sep 9, 2018
From some time i am noticing that 4/10 times my system will start and will be stuck at either the gigabyte logo or of i disable full screen logo option it shows american megatrend stuff and will be stuck there forever.
I just open back panel touch any front panel pins not necessarily the reset pins but any open pins and voila the system again this time boots fine.
This is happening since i built my new system don't know which thing to taget as i still don't get what's the problem here.
Any help will be really appreciated.
And yeah my system has R5 2600 with 1660 super, 16gigs ram, a gigabyte p-550b psu and 3 fans in total and Gigabyte B450M-S2H motherboard and bios updated to Version F51.
Windows version was 20h1 amd currently its updated to 20h2 still that issue is there.

Last edited:

eziosimon1995

Commendable
Sep 9, 2018
could you post a picture up the pins you touch on the board to made it start and withc cable is plug to it from case front panel .
i will post it soon once i reach home but one thing which i guess is that i don't think i ever saw this issue on ssd currently I don't have ssd so using segate barracuda 1tb hdd 7200rpm one as my system drive and thia drive is used to run most of my games and store files as well.
Could it be a issue with hdd.
Also there is a new bios update available for my motherboard which i am going to install as well.

eziosimon1995

Commendable
Sep 9, 2018
did check user manual page 18 it explain cmos pins top ones and bottom ones also seams the hdd cable not all in so check page 16 also since you have system open i do little dust off would be good .
i did all of those just as i did open the system but it's weird as i am sure it wasn't happening on a ssd and also i changed my c drive partition type to gpt from.mbr as i don't know why but gpt boot times are much better than mbr ones.

eziosimon1995

Commendable
Sep 9, 2018
on your first post i did read it you touch any pins it start did you have the standoff post between the board and case also check if you dont have a cable that could made a short between board and case .
well i guess i might just know what is causing that not sure but it is my guess.
So i use a Bluetooth Usb adapter that generally is connected to the front usb 2.0 port my cabinet has.
Today just the same thing happened and I don't know for some reason i decided to plug it out and pressed reset button and guess what it booted.
So i think this usb might be causing some issue for sure.
Also i got this error in event viewer.
I have attached an image for that.

eziosimon1995

Commendable
Sep 9, 2018
well i guess i might just know what is causing that not sure but it is my guess.
So i use a Bluetooth Usb adapter that generally is connected to the front usb 2.0 port my cabinet has.
Today just the same thing happened and I don't know for some reason i decided to plug it out and pressed reset button and guess what it booted.
So i think this usb might be causing some issue for sure.
Also i got this error in event viewer.
I have attached an image for that.
https://ibb.co/FBGw5Kw

eziosimon1995

Commendable
Sep 9, 2018

TRENDING THREADS