[SOLVED] Weird boot behaviour

7medd

Reputable
Nov 14, 2020
My specs are in signature.
What causes my system to start for a couple of seconds , shut down, than start again normaly . This happens all the time when system is shut down. After a reboot it doesnt happen.
I had a different mobo before (msi Z490 a pro) , and a different CPU (10600K) and had the same problem since I built the system.
Can I somehow get rid of this and have the system start directly?

https://www.veed.io/view/a6778ed1-ae2d-47db-9224-8412f1fa0b26?sharingWidget=true

CompuGuy71

Proper
Jul 20, 2022
When you swapped your motherboard and processor did you do a fresh install of your OS?

Have you assured all your power cables are correctly connected to both the components and the PSU?

Are all your slotted components (RAM, GPU, other PCI cards) inserted and seated fully into the motherboard?

Reactions: 7medd

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
IMO, check Event Viewer and see if you have any errors related to Event ID 2/3 "Kernal Power"

Aside from the great advice above in regard to a clean install with the new components, I would consider switching off the Fast Boot option both within Windows as well as within the BIOS if such is an option there. See if it doesn't stop doing this.

If not, you may have to dig more closely into POST to see which component or process is causing the reboot.

7medd

Reputable
Nov 14, 2020
When you swapped your motherboard and processor did you do a fresh install of your OS?

Have you assured all your power cables are correctly connected to both the components and the PSU?

Are all your slotted components (RAM, GPU, other PCI cards) inserted and seated fully into the motherboard?
I did a fresh install with the old system and new one . I had the same behaviour on both
All cables are connected correctly . The system is performing as expected en every way

7medd

Reputable
Nov 14, 2020
IMO, check Event Viewer and see if you have any errors related to Event ID 2/3 "Kernal Power"

Aside from the great advice above in regard to a clean install with the new components, I would consider switching off the Fast Boot option both within Windows as well as within the BIOS if such is an option there. See if it doesn't stop doing this.

If not, you may have to dig more closely into POST to see which component or process is causing the reboot.
Fast boot didt change the thing . When I looked into post problems , some people said it might be related to XMP . I disabled XMP and that behaviour disappeared. But I lost gaming performance . I will enable it back since it isnt probably something faulty or needs to be adressed

Thanks

7medd

Reputable
Nov 14, 2020
I write this because I think I found the reason for the aformentioned behaviour.
My hardware back then was 11700kf + b560 aorus pro + 3070 + 850w arkangel 3 + 3200mhz 16 gb patriot steel series . I had my system post for 3 seconds then goes of that then start again normally, only when xmp enabled. No other abnormality or performance flaw.

I recently changed my ram to ballistix 3200mhz 32 gb and the problem disappeared finally. I think it is due to the fact that ballistix kit is officially supported by my mobo and the patriot is not.

TRENDING THREADS