[SOLVED] Weird bunch of red pixels on new monitor

Solution
Probably only replaced. My guess would be some voltage is leaking around in there causing those pixels to let light through when they aren't supposed to.

Most LCD manufacturers have a 99.9% pixel working policy. In this case though it isn't isolated pixels, but a group of them in a very specific pattern. That speaks more of an underlying problem than just a few dead or stuck pixels.

Common solutions to issues like these are to run the monitor through all the color ranges to see if you can unstick them. There are programs out there for that. Massaging the area of the LCD with the problem is another common solution, it can occasionally restore a stuck pixel, but I have not seen it work in person.
Jul 29, 2018
Would they even replace it because of this? Monitor is acer nitro vg220qbmiix. The bunch is visible mostly on really black background, but still bothers me as I want a perfect monitor. It doesnt actually look like its a whole pixel just a tiny part of that pixel that is glowing red. I will give them a call tommorrow but can this be fixed or not really?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Probably only replaced. My guess would be some voltage is leaking around in there causing those pixels to let light through when they aren't supposed to.

Most LCD manufacturers have a 99.9% pixel working policy. In this case though it isn't isolated pixels, but a group of them in a very specific pattern. That speaks more of an underlying problem than just a few dead or stuck pixels.

Common solutions to issues like these are to run the monitor through all the color ranges to see if you can unstick them. There are programs out there for that. Massaging the area of the LCD with the problem is another common solution, it can occasionally restore a stuck pixel, but I have not seen it work in person.

Solution