Weird buzzing on a new build

Ttesar06

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
I just built a NEW system. I have a dual screen set up and its weird. ONLY when I play MMO games WoW, Aion, etc I get a weird buzzing sound coming from the PC and I cant figure out where it is. if I click onto my second screen the buzzing stops, click on the game back to buzzing again. its annoying and I cant figure out what the heck is causing it.

ive tested using a few games. it doesn't do the buzzing when playing Destiny 2, the divison, or even diablo 3. but the second I fire up WoW it starts buzzing.

Updated PC specs are in my Sig.

I opened the case and it seems its coming from the CPU... which is weird it ONLY does it when in a game. idk what causing it. I monitored fan speeds and its the same fan speed so its not the fan. sounds like an electrical buzzing.

Lutfij

Titan
It's highly advised to post your system's specs in the body of your thread as opposed to looking at the sig space. The reason for that is due to the very nature of a sig space specs changing when you buy or sell new/old hardware, the specs will change making this thread and it's relevant suggestions/solutions irrelevant to a user who happens to be in the same boat as you.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 stock
MSI B450 Tomahawk
16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance RGB PRO 3000mhz
Powercolor RX 580 Red Devil 8gb
650 Watt EVGA Supernova G1+ PSU
Fractal Meshify C Case
2x 120mm Coolermaster Sickleflow
rear exhaust -2x 140mm Fractal Venturi HF

^ Are your current specs.

Now, you need due diligence and isolate the source of the buzz. You may also want to keep a video/audio recording in case you may want to RMA the PSU, board/GPU due to coil whine.

Ttesar06

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013

its coming from the CPU. but i really dont wanna be without a cpu for however many weeks it takes to RMA it... is this going to hurt anything?