Weird colours displaying on boot and no boot screen

Cooneyboii

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014
Hey guys,
So I got a new graphics card about 2 weeks ago and I've just noticed recently on boot that my boot screen isn't displaying and instead of it there is a bunch of coloured vertical lines.
Besides this the graphics card runs fine with no problem I've been playing games on it for quite a bit with no problems.
Any suggestions to help fix this would be appreciated.
thanks!

Solution

Try a different interface (if you use vga, try hdmi or dvi). Try a monitor instead of the TV. Check if there's a BIOS update for your motherboard.

Cooneyboii

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014

Yeah that's what I thought too but it hasn't been OC'd at all and the temperatures have allways been way below the max allowed. I did have an Nvidia card beforehand so could that have anything to do with it?

Cooneyboii

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014

I followed all those steps in deleting the nvidia drivers but I still have the same problem, I thought drivers don't come into account until the OS is booted so how would it be drivers?

Cooneyboii

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014

I would say the same thing only for there is no other signs of this anywhere else the gpu runs games fines and I have not had any crashes or noticed any artifacts.

Zkye

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2014
What interface are you using? Is that a TV? That screen is supposed to be the logo of the motherboard? What is the first thing that's displayed without artifacts when you start the PC? Do you have the latest version of BIOS?

Cooneyboii

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014

Its a TV, Yeah it used to be the Asrock logo coming up. The First thing that comes up is something about the PCI-e then there is artifacts then it goes to windows. I've never manually updated the bios only ever done normal windows updates and the gpu drivers.

Zkye

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2014

Try a different interface (if you use vga, try hdmi or dvi). Try a monitor instead of the TV. Check if there's a BIOS update for your motherboard.

Solution

Cooneyboii

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014

When I used the DVI neither the Asrock logo or the artifacts came up. I changed TV's and the problem is completely gone and as well as that the sounds through hdmi is back I just thought the GPU didn't do sound through the hdmi. Should I still try doing the bios update cause I've read you should only do that I'f the bios is the problem but I feel it's just the TV now?

Zkye

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2014

I'm guessing you don't really know how to update the bios, so you shouldn't do it if it works fine. And sound goes through both dvi and hdmi.

Cooneyboii

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014

Oh I know how it's not that hard but it doesn't seem to be the problem, Seems as though it's just the tv. Yeah but it ain't working on this tv on the hdmi and for the DVI I'm using a VGA adapter so it doesn't work there anyway. Thanks!