Prominent
Sep 10, 2017
Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500x
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 ARMOR 3GB OCV1
MOBA: MSI B350M Bazooka
RAM: Ballistix Sport 8GB @2400 Mhz
PSU: EVGA 500W

Problem: Whenever I log onto my computer right after i have turned on my pc, if i then click the search icon in left corner i will get lag spikes on the dekstop. In game i will have constant lag aswell even if my computer is more than capable of running the game. Also sometimes the screen will just go black and then come back again. Sometimes the computer will crash aswell.
If i however wait before logging on, none of the above are a problem.
BUT if i turn off my computer, then turn it on within half an hour again, and wait to log in, the above are a problem aswell.
So it seems pretty random

What i've done: Updated BIOS , chipset drivers, and GPU drivers, multiple times (i dont think it's a software problem. I can see whenever get the lag on the desktop, there's a really big spike in usage in the GPU (almost 30%), the usage isn't that big when the pc is acting normally.

My question: What could cause all of this mess? Is it the GPU, the CPU, or the MOBA? And if of one the things are the problem, what can i then do about it?

Thanks.
Christoffer Pold, Denmark

br00n0

Reputable
Nov 18, 2015
Are you using a regular, spinning HDD? I had a similar problem with 2 PCs and both cases the HDD had bad sectors and reported errors. Replaced one HDD in one and put a SSD in the other and problems disappeared.

Good luck!

chrispold112

Prominent
Sep 10, 2017

Thanks! Did a scan on my HDD. No bad sectors at all ;)