Weird Display No Signal Issue

immaeetuu

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015
Hello all,

So about a 9 months ago I moved from NY to Pennsylvania. The specs of the system I had at the time was a X299 MSI Carbon Pro AC with an 7820x. It was powered by a Corsair RM850x Gold edition, with 32 GB of 3000 MHz of Corsair Vengeance RGB ram, and an MSI Lightning Z 1080 Ti. The monitor I use is an ASUS PG279Q.

Basically ever since I moved here, every now and then my computer would boot but my monitor would show no signal. The post LED code showed nothing out of the unusual. Now if I were to leave it on for fifteen to twenty minutes or so and hold the power button and reboot the computer, it would boot perfectly fine. This issue has become more persistent. I have changed the motherboard to a Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 WiFi with a 2700x. I also changed my power supply to an EVGA 1000W gold rated with no success. I have tried running mem test on each stick on each slot, all showing no errors on the test. I tried different outlets with no success. I tried different ports on the GPU as well with no success. I am unsure of where to proceed with this, I am on the latest bios and driver's as well. The only things I haven't changed are the GPU/RAM/HDD/SSD.

immaeetuu

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015

I unfortunately don't have another monitor, I have tried other cables. Is it possible that it's the monitor even though it works if I reboot it after twenty minutes?

Ralston18

Titan
Can you try the monitor on another system somewhere else?

Determine if the "no signal" problem moves with the monitor.

Need to eliminate either the system or the monitor as the culprit.

Try a direct motherboard video port to monitor connection. No GPU.

If you get a signal then the GPU is suspect. Check that the GPU is fully and firmly connected and then connect it again. If no signal again, then the GPU likely the issue.

Key is to methodically narrow down the possible suspects.

immaeetuu

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015

I tried connecting my laptop with an HDMI cable to the monitor, works perfectly fine. Using the same HDMI cable from my desktop to the monitor would still give the no signal issue. I'll try to reseat the GPU tonight and report back. Thanks for your help by the way, means a lot.