Weird driver problems with my brothers newly built PC. NEED HELP!

TCobra

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
Hey everyone. I recently helped my brother build his new PC. He got some new parts for christmas. The only reused parts were his drives and power supply. The rest is brand new.
Upon starting the PC, i noticed first that when moving the mouse it would be inconsistent and shaky. Its hard to describe but the mouse movement was laggy/shaky/bad overall. Small thing, but just wanted to mention it.

The PC wouldnt connect to the internet either, probably cause it is missing network drivers. After trying to get it to connect, i decided to try and download the driver on a flash drive and install it that way.
I downloaded the driver on my own PC and went to put the flash drive into his computer, but the flash drive didnt put up on his PC. I tried multiple different USB inputs, but the flash drive never popped up.
I know that the USB inputs work, cause if i plug the mouse into them the mouse runs fine.

I tried troubleshooting the USB problem, but to no avail. I read that the flash drive problem could be caused by driver issues, but since i have no way of getting the drivers installed i wont be able to fix it.
His PC doesnt have a CD-reader either.

So im left in this weird situation where i need the network driver, but the PC wont recognize USB flash drives, allegedly because of driver problems, but i need the flash drive to work to get the drivers...

Here are the specs:
i3-7100 3.9ghz
GTX 1060
16gigs of DDR4 ram
MB250 Krait Gaming MSI motherboard
1 SSD and 2 Harddrives
750W PSU

Windows 7 also tells me that his CPU is incompatible with windows 7, so he wont be getting updates.
Im wondering if his hardware is too new for windows 7? When i changed my motherboard windows 10 installed the network drivers automatically. But windows 7 wont do that for his motherboard.

Any help is greatly appreciated. It is getting very frustrating.

Solution
You would need to download Windows 10 on a working computer to a flash drive. Then you would have to make that flash drive first in the boot list in the bios. I hope your brother has any items he does not want to lose backed up somewhere. When changing hardware it is always best to do a fresh install of the OS.

TCobra

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016

I have tried driver booster, and after the scan finishes, it says "Scan failed. Network driver problems has been detected. Press OK to fix it."
I press "OK" and it says "Network driver problems couldnt be fixed. Contact us for help".

I cant visit MSI's website, since the PC has no internet.

TCobra

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
Yeah that is what i thought was causing issues.

How would i go about getting windows 10, when i dont have an internet connection?

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
yes youre right. i shouldve noticed your processor is a Kabylake one on ur specs. needs to be at most skylake for win7 :/

if you dont have internet, its best you find someone who has and install the windows 10 into a usb for you.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

but you will need to activate it tho wit a new license being a new motherboard and all :/ what happened to the old motherboard? if you have an active windows still installed on it. and you wont be using that motherboard anymore. you will need to login with your microsoft account and verify that PC by your email account. then go to your new motherboard, login with the same microsoft account, verify. activate it in the security setting. acknowledge the transfer of license. and done. you can logout and use the local account instead.

Gadhar

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
You would need to download Windows 10 on a working computer to a flash drive. Then you would have to make that flash drive first in the boot list in the bios. I hope your brother has any items he does not want to lose backed up somewhere. When changing hardware it is always best to do a fresh install of the OS.

Solution

TCobra

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016

The problem is the PC wont recognize flash drives. Whenever i plug my flash drive in, it doesnt show up.

TCobra

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016

Again, PC wont recognize flash drives, but i havent tried plugging it in, and seeing if the BIOS will recognize it. Ill try that and report back.

Gadhar

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
I came across a similar situation with a friends PC and the flash drive was recognized in the bios and it should be because that is before the OS boots from the hdd. What I described above is ecactly what I had to do to fix the issue. His computer runs perfectly now.

TCobra

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
So far - so good. Got windows 10 installed. Now im in the desktop, and im facing another error. Internet is working, so i downloaded chrome and driverbooster.
Few seconds later, the desktop flashes a black screen, the resolution changes and im sent back to the desktop. After that im unable to do anything. Cant move the mouse (the cursor is gone)
Cant click any buttons. I tried doing ctrl-alt-delete and it just gave me a black screen. I was able to get it out of the black screen by pressing delete, which sent me back to desktop.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time it flashed black and everything froze, i restarted the PC. Once i booted it back up, i was met with a black screen. I let it sit for 10 mins, but it remained a black screen.
So i reinstalled windows and now im here, with the same error. I dont wanna restart it cause its probably just gonna give me a black screen again once i boot it up.

Any suggestions as to what this could be?

Gadhar

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
Glad to see it is working so far. Like I said I had almost the exact same problem because a friend's system had an issue that would not allow the usb ports to work, no wifi or ethernet, but I was able to use a flash drive to do a fresh install of the OS and problem solved.

TCobra

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
Happy to say this was solved. I installed a windows 10 flash drive ISO from the link marksavio sent. Plugged into the PC, booted it into the boot menu, and chose to boot from the USB stick.
From there i could install windows 10 and after that all the drivers. Everything is running as it should now!
Thanks to everyone who contributed :) Very much appreciated. Happy holidays everyone!