Question Weird Enclosure Mounted Switch Problem

Crag_Hack

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2015
Hi I have an 8 port switch I need to take off a wiring enclosure to upgrade to a 16 port one. For some weird reason I'm only able to remove the switch from the left screw that is screwed into the enclosure. I tried tweaking the right side of the switch to disengage it from the right screw but couldn't get it right. Is there something obvious (or not so obvious) I'm missing in this particular setup? Anything I can try to remove the switch? Next time I'm there I'll try again wiggling it this way and that to see if maybe a different direction of force gets it free from the screw. Thanks.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi I have an 8 port switch I need to take off a wiring enclosure to upgrade to a 16 port one. For some weird reason I'm only able to remove the switch from the left screw that is screwed into the enclosure. I tried tweaking the right side of the switch to disengage it from the right screw but couldn't get it right. Is there something obvious (or not so obvious) I'm missing in this particular setup? Anything I can try to remove the switch? Next time I'm there I'll try again wiggling it this way and that to see if maybe a different direction of force gets it free from the screw. Thanks.
My guess is the captive nut is no longer captive. It is spinning with the screw. Those can be difficult. You can try putting a screwdriver under the screw head to hold the nut tight to the vertical rail. Or you might have to take other equipment out to get the screw out.

Crag_Hack

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2015
I think I didn't explain myself well enough, it's not the screw that's stuck, it's the switch stuck on the mounting screw. I move the switch upwards and the left side comes off the screw but the right side does not.