[SOLVED] Weird freezing issues ?

SnifflingDarK

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011
My brother in-law as having weird issues with his system.

The main issue seems to be that when watching a video on YouTube or another streaming service the video will stop playing but the audio will continue and nzxt cam will stop registering and just show the last value, the keyboard will no longer register, task manager will not load correctly, and we need to turn it off at the power supply for the power buttons do not respond on the case.

After freeze we looked through crash logs and cannot find anything significant.

We have reinstalled windows twice now and installed everything as it was before and still having issues so we are no closer to a fix.

The specs are
CPU: R5 2600
MoBo:Strix X570-I
GPU: RX 480
RAM: 32 GB Corsair vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz
OS drive: Intel 660pM.2 NVMe 512gb
PSU: 700w Silverstone sfx

Solution
..........................when watching a video on YouTube or another streaming service the video will stop playing but the audio will continue..........................

Disabling "hardware acceleration" in the browser may help with that although I'd be surprised if that issue would cause the keyboard etc to stop working too . It's worth a try though.

If that doesn't help then try a different driver for the RX 480 and check the system RAM for errors.

Secret-Squirrel

Reputable
Sep 12, 2020
..........................when watching a video on YouTube or another streaming service the video will stop playing but the audio will continue..........................

Disabling "hardware acceleration" in the browser may help with that although I'd be surprised if that issue would cause the keyboard etc to stop working too . It's worth a try though.

If that doesn't help then try a different driver for the RX 480 and check the system RAM for errors.

Solution