[SOLVED] Weird GPU crashes and wont work again until reinstalled.

Tre4st0r

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014
Hello, i had quite an issue today with my computer. I decided to play a game (Rust), so i went to play it. I launched the game like i usually do, but after i was loaded into the actual gameplay my screen suddently froze and turned striped, so i had to turn PC off. I turned PC back on again and the monitor stayed black (like on standby mode) and seem to have no contact with GPU, but from my keyboard and mouse i recognized that windows is loading, its only my monitor that wasnt showing me the loading screen, no HDMI connection it said, just like with no cable connected to the GPU at all. I started analyzing whats wrong by removing the GPU and i tried to running the computer on stock memory card. Everything worked like a charm, so i got a point that it could be a GPU problem. I reinstalled the GPU again and turned my computer back on. This time computer actually loaded, and there seem to be no issues at all, i reinstalled the AMD graphics drivers and tried playing the game again. Just like the first time same thing happenned, my screen was full of stripes and froze once again. I did the same proccess over again (launching on stock, reinstalling gpu out and in again..) , but the next time i tried playing another game (League of legends). Everything was the same once again. The game crashed the first seconds where i went into gameplay in it, and now im left running on stock memory card ( Intel HD graphics 4600) and have no clue where to continue. Spent a full day of trying find a fix, but nothing came accurate in my mind whats is wrong with it. Ill leave all computer parts below, i built the pc myself nearly 4 years ago, just to make it clear.

CPU: Intel i5 - 4690
GPU: Asus R9 280
Motherboard: Asrock H97 Pro4
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8GB (2x4) 1600mhz
PSU: Seasonic M12II-EVO 620 (620w) 80 plus bronze retail
HDD: WD blue 3.5" 1TB

Thanks in advance!
Feel free to ask any more details, ill be here in no time!

Solution
So stock "memory" is actually onboard video not memory. Memory is your RAM. Seems like you have a bad video card. Power supply is good quality so chances are it's the video card. Test it in another computer with a good power supply or test another card in yours.
So stock "memory" is actually onboard video not memory. Memory is your RAM. Seems like you have a bad video card. Power supply is good quality so chances are it's the video card. Test it in another computer with a good power supply or test another card in yours.

Solution