Question Weird gpu fan issue

Jun 2, 2023
Does anyone know the cause and possibly the fix for this? Card is about 5 months old and the issue started 2 days ago. Its a EVGA 3070ti. Thanks in advance for the help.

Video

Jun 2, 2023
Hey there,

What exactly is the problem? In your words. It's not very clear from the vid (at least my old eyes!)
2 of the fans spin completely fine, and are silent, but one of them makes a weird, kind of rattling or clicking sound, and stops spinning much quicker than the other 2, kind of like theres some sort of resistence there, but cant seem to find anything that could be stopping it or be in the way.

Jun 2, 2023
I guess it could be the bearings in the fan is possibly going. How old is the GPU? Can you RMA it?

Otherwise you could attempt to replace the fan, but that's not a small undertaking.
Alright, thank you so much. Dont think RMA- ing is possible, so I'll try to replace the fan. Would the card be safe to use until then(very light load, basically just web browsing) or should I not use it until replacing the fan?

Alright, thank you so much. Dont think RMA- ing is possible, so I'll try to replace the fan. Would the card be safe to use until then(very light load, basically just web browsing) or should I not use it until replacing the fan?
3 fan cards, typically offer great cooling. 2 Fans aren't so bas either. If you experience any visual oddities, then you might have to go ahead and replace fan. Check the hotspot with GPU-z and make sure it's not hitting really high temps.

TRENDING THREADS