Question Weird GPU issue

Feb 8, 2021
Hello,

So I built this office pc for a friend of mine (the specs will be at the bottom of the text) and I'm having an issue I really cannot undestand. I installed everything and I pressed the on/off button, everything turns on, no beeping sounds, no error leds but no screen. I try to find if there's any issue for a while but didn't find any so I thought the gpu was broken. I went home and brought my own pc so I could swap the cards and see if it works. I put my own gpu in the pc and it boots just fine. At this point I came to the conclusion that the gpu was broken but as I was seeing it getting power and the fan spining I wanted to try the gpu in question in my own pc. I installed it in my pc and IT WORKED FINE. Everything about cables and connections was the same, I literally tracked every possible mistake I could have done. Nothing. Compatibility shouldn't be an issue since pcie 3.0 (motherboard) is backwards compatible with 2.0 (gpu). If any of you could come up with anything I would appreciate it since I'm really lost here. The only thing the would make some kinda sense is that for some unknown reason the specific motherboard has an unknown compatibility issue with the specific gpu, but that is out of the ordinary, just like my issue I guess.
Thanks in regards, especially for making it this far.

Parts:
CPU- i3 10100f
GPU in question- geforce 315
Mobo - Biostar H410MH

My PC:
CPU- Ryzen 5 3600
GPU- RTX 2060
Mobo- Asus rog strix x470f

Feb 8, 2021
When I place my gpu in the pc I used hdmi, but when I placed the 315 in my pc I used the same cable that I had on when I first turned the pc on.|
Thanks for the reply !

TRENDING THREADS