[SOLVED] Weird graphic artifacts, as if pixels are trading places in rectangular patterns. Completely lost!

Apr 29, 2020
Hey everyone!

Just today I noticed some weird graphic artifacts on my PC:
View: https://i.imgur.com/Hyt07GN.png

These rapidly change with any movement/animations, and become especially clear when playing games.

I'm not sure if this issue has to do with my GPU, power supply, etc, and would really appreciate any help you have to offer!

Here are some specs, but let me know if you need any other information:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
OS Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

edit: Now that I'm looking at the image on another device it's a little hard to see the graphical artifacts, zoom in a bit and look above/below the rectangles and you'll see them :)

Last edited:
Solution
I've been using DVI.

I just switched out my GPU with the original (this PC is a Lenovo Ideacentre k410, but over time I've upgraded the PSU, GPU, storage, and ram) and am not seeing any graphical artifacts via a VGA cable.
many many times I have gone to a house with pixelating TV using HDMI switched out the HDMI cable and problem went away. Willing to bet the DVI connection or cable was the cause pixelating happens when there is signal ingress. A loose connection is like opening a window letting the bugs in when it comes to video signal. dust touching the metalic part can also do this.
Those are usually caused by memory errors.
Check system ram with memtest86.
Check video card memory with OCCT

Apr 29, 2020
Thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately, neither test detected any errors. Although, and this may be irrelevant, when running memtest86 I did not see any graphical artifacts.

Apr 29, 2020
I've been using DVI.

I just switched out my GPU with the original (this PC is a Lenovo Ideacentre k410, but over time I've upgraded the PSU, GPU, storage, and ram) and am not seeing any graphical artifacts via a VGA cable.

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
I've been using DVI.

many many times I have gone to a house with pixelating TV using HDMI switched out the HDMI cable and problem went away. Willing to bet the DVI connection or cable was the cause pixelating happens when there is signal ingress. A loose connection is like opening a window letting the bugs in when it comes to video signal. dust touching the metalic part can also do this.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS