Question Weird hard drive clicking noise seagate drive

aqualink500

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2012
I've been hearing this weird clicking noise from my hard drive for months sometimes it's there sometimes it goes away. i'm actually not sure if it is my hard drive or not i can post a video but i'm not sure how.
i tried to remove my fan and i thought it was my psu but i guess not.
please help.

Okay i've uploaded the video to Vimeo please help.
View: https://vimeo.com/398648791

Last edited:

popatim

Titan
That sounds more like a fan to me and you usually have more then 1. Typically one is on the CPU, one in the PSU and then there is usually one in the upper rear of the PC case. There may be one in the lower front of the case as well.
With the power off, disconnect the power cable from the HDD and then power on the system and see if the noise is still there. If it is, then it's not the HDD.

Reactions: stonecarver

aqualink500

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2012
That sounds more like a fan to me and you usually have more then 1. Typically one is on the CPU, one in the PSU and then there is usually one in the upper rear of the PC case. There may be one in the lower front of the case as well.
With the power off, disconnect the power cable from the HDD and then power on the system and see if the noise is still there. If it is, then it's not the HDD.

I thought it was my cpu fan casing at first because the fan mount is kinda cracked on both sides sounds like rattling kidna but i removed it and it still does it. not the fan in front of the case heard it sounds just fine. I'll try disconnecting the hdd i don't have a difreent psu to test it. It's not really doing anything just kinda annoying not sure how long it's been doing it but it's been a long time nhow