Weird Homemade Computer Problem

Sep 17, 2018
Hello, I just finished building my pc. I plugged a mouse and keyboard and pressed the power button on the power supply, but when i did, no display popped up, and none of the fans were starting, but the mouse light sensor lit up red for a second. I tested the power again by putting in a flashdrive. When I pressed the power button, the flashdrive led lit up and stayed on but NOTHING else turned on inside the computer.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I am using a
gigabyte b360m motherboard
Intel i3 8100
Wd blue 2 terrabyte hdd
Masterwatt lite 500 watt power supply
Powerspec case
G skill 8 gigs of ram

Everything is in the right place and ive already looked at all the troubleshooting guides to no avail.

Solution
Turning the power supply button on will not start the computer unless you have changed the power options in the bios.

You must turn the power supply on.
Then push the power button on the case top/front/side etc... for it to start.
The case power button wires must be connected to the motherboard Front Panel Connector for it to work.
Look at your case manual, then look at your motherboard manual. Then connect wires accordingly.
Sep 17, 2018
I tried pulling out most cables and putting them back, and also double checking everything’s location but I still get the same result. Also, when it is on, I can hear the power supply give some weird electric hum but all the other parts are still not working. Also, Im not sure if this has anything to do with the problem but my microATX only has 2 additional fan slots (other than CPU fan) while the case has 3 fans.

Turning the power supply button on will not start the computer unless you have changed the power options in the bios.

You must turn the power supply on.
Then push the power button on the case top/front/side etc... for it to start.
The case power button wires must be connected to the motherboard Front Panel Connector for it to work.
Look at your case manual, then look at your motherboard manual. Then connect wires accordingly.

Solution
Sep 17, 2018
Ok thank you so much, the computer fans are now spinning. I didnt see the power button on the case. :/ Although now Im letting it run, there is nothing coming to the display. I can hear the hard drive start and I see the fand run. Im currently connecting my pc to a tv through vga because I dont have a monitor at the moment.