Question Weird Hwmonitor stats

golemka

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2013
Today I bought a new mobo with a cpu, getting some totally senseless RPMs from Hwmonitor
View: https://i.imgur.com/Z1yEsUP.jpg

127 C is pretty fine since there is no sensor at all, but the RPMs are strange, can be a sensor issue? MSI Z97 gaming 5 is the motherboard, the fan speed is not real, its below 1000. Its not noisy like before with my phenom cpu, and average fan spin for both was around 1000-1200.

Other than cpu temps, gpu temps, and a few others, no other sensors are standardized and may or may not be read correctly with third party software. There is a sensor there if it is listed. And the sensor is never the issue. The only way to know it will be read correctly is to use the own manufacturer's software, ie msi's mobo software.

golemka

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2013
Other than cpu temps, gpu temps, and a few others, no other sensors are standardized and may or may not be read correctly with third party software. There is a sensor there if it is listed. And the sensor is never the issue. The only way to know it will be read correctly is to use the own manufacturer's software, ie msi's mobo software.

Thru bios monitor is the same, im using 2 fans for my cpu, both of them are a little buggy with the rpms. The temps are fine, checked it with a thermometer.

golemka

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2013
So just put one of the cpu fans to another connector, now its fine. The 1 remaining fan is still buggy, yeah, its a 4 pin one. The cpu fan 1 is still buggy with the rpms, even in bios.